National Grid is a company that delivers innovative, sustainable and affordable electricity and gas services in UK and North-eastern US through its large distribution networks, so that people at homes and businesses can use the energy safely and efficiently. It was founded on 24th August, 1986 as British Gas plc (UK integrated Gas Company). Since then, this company is providing modern lifestyle with the help of essential and vital energy sources. They connect to the customers not only by delivering energy solutions but also by helping those, who find it difficult to pay bills by visiting personally. We have made it easier for them by making online bill payment portal available.
Modes of Payment:
- Online Payment
Online payment can be done through further 4 ways:
- Pay by Bank Account ( Current or Savings Account)
- Pay by Credit Card or Debit Card (Via Western Union Speedpay)
- Enrol in Direct Pay (Automatic Bill Payment through bank account)
- Enrol in Recurring Payments (set amount on recurring basis gets deducted from bank account)
- Pay by Bank
Banks provide the option to their customers to pay their bills from their own websites.
- Pay by phone
Company has now started voice response system for paying bills over the phone.
- Pay in person
Here customers can pay the bill through cash, check or credit card in person. However, payment above $2,500 is not accepted by authorized agencies.
- Pay by Mail
Customers can send the check or money order with company’s name on it, to the company’s address.
In case of any problem regarding online bill payment, our customer support service is always available for your convenience.
Process of Making Online Bill Payment at National Grid
Those old times of going to the agencies for paying the bills in person have changed. Now, customers can pay their bills easily with their internet connections. Like all others, National Grid provides its customers an online platform in the form of www.nationalgrid.com, where they can easily pay their bills without any hustle.
By following these simple steps as below, you can easily make bill payments:
- Navigate to the official site of National grid i.e. www.nationalgrid.com.
- Go to contact us on top right corner.
- Now, select the ‘Pay my bill’ option and choose the type of bill you want to pay i.e. gas or electricity as shown below:
- If you have not registered yourself earlier with www.nationalgrid.com, then register yourself by clicking on ‘register’ at the top.
- To register you have to fill in the following details:
- After registering or signing in following box will appear in which you have to add an account and then for adding account, you have to fill the service account number and last 4 digit if your SSN/Taxpayer ID.
- After adding your account with the system, you can pay your bill by clicking on bill and payment preferences i.e. directly by bank account, by credit and debit card as shown below:
Payments can be made by enrolling yourself by direct pay or recurring payments options available.
Once you have made payment with the required amount, you will receive a confirmation code in your email id which you are registered with.
Some Tips to Follow While Making Payment at National Grid
You can eliminate the energy bills on paper and can sign up for paperless billing which reduces consumption of large number of papers and is environment friendly as well. In this mode of payment, you will get an email from the agency once your bill is ready to be viewed. Company archives your bills for a time period of 13 months. You can then save or print your bill as you feel comfortable.